The Durham Fitness Centre is a municipal property operated by the non-profit corporation registered as the Durham Activity Centre. It is managed by six experienced Board of Directors who have volunteered their time and energy since 1997 to provide the region with affordable access to a first rate fitness facility and services.
Our certified staff can assess and program for individual health and fitness capabilities and needs. Membership connects you to staff and other members who provide motivation, support, and monitoring, so that you can achieve your fitness goals.
We are a full service fitness centre, well known for cleanliness, friendly atmosphere, quality equipment, dedicated staff and volunteers and straight forward fees. You’ll find everything you need to begin or continue your health and wellness journey and meet any goal you may have!
- Equipment orientation and Initial start up program
- Certified Personal Trainers
- Social fitness outings, Xmas Party.
- Specialty Classes(Boot Camp, Yoga etc)
- Fitness Classes such as:
- Outrageous (Interval Training)
- Spin Classes, Core Control, Body Sculpt, Step
- Access to Studio/AV equipment – member based group training
- SAUNA, Showers, Lockers
- Air Conditioned
- Multi-use Studio – Individual to group training, seminars, Boxing Ring.
- Outdoor Sand Volleyball
- Treadmills, Ellipticals
- Bikes(Spin, Upright, Recumbent and Hybrid), Rowers
- Free Weights-Benches, Smith Machine, Power Cage, Leg Press
- Selectorized Machines-for all muscle groups, Cybex Functional Trainer
- Multitude of Cross Fit Accessories – TRX systems, weighted vest, BOSU, Medicine Balls, Kettle Bells, Heavy Bags, Battling Ropes, parachutes, hurdles and more